Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The ENT Appointment


In Alex's story, I told you that we were going to the ENT to see if the swollen gland on his neck was infact a Branchial Cleft Cyst. Unfortunately, it was no longer swollen because the pediatrician put us on antibiotics to reduce the swelling. Since Alex has some swollen glands in his throat, the ENT couldn't decifer if it was a cyst or just swollen glands. So, the plan of action is:

1. Wait until the next time it swells up (usually once every 4 to 5 weeks).
2. Do a CT scan or biopsy of the cyst, or whatever it might be, when it is swollen.
3. Hopefully cut that sucker out!! :)

Yes, more waiting. However, it makes sense to wait on this one until it gets big again so we can easily get to the bottom of this mystery!

On another note, I wanted to sincerely thank each and every one of you who have sent emails and notes about Alex. I have had some funny, heartwarming, and very helpful words sent our way. We are blessed to have so many people in our lives that really and truly care. I have seen the way our community of friends has come together in the past to help people in need, and I am truly thankful that I can call you my friends!

4 comments:

Team Hoff said...

So glad that Kate passed along your e-mail and blog site. I'm definitely praying for Alex. And I'm anxious to hear how upcoming appointments go.

Teri said...

Love, love, love your site!!

Can't wait to hear more, see more, and send more prayers along your "journey".

Exodus 14:14...

Linda George said...

What a great way for us all to "get the facts" as they happen....thanks for sharing. What a great gal you are!

Kelsey said...

Hey Kelly :) I'm so glad Kate shared your story with me and your blog. I'm praying for you guys and will continue to check the blog for updates. You're in my thoughts!