Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Monday, October 25, 2010

Time, where does it go?






We have been a busy family with, well, just life. I haven't had an update in awhile to keep everyone up to date with my Al. He is getting stronger day by day, and we are seeing some pretty fantastic things with the little guy. He wants to walk non-stop. It is pretty stiff still, but he has better control of himself when he gets off balance. He keeps walking out of his classroom at school, and frightening the teachers with his disappearing act. I remember that they called Elle Houdini when she was in the one year old class because she would frequently leave the classroom. Now it is Alex's turn to try that trick out. His voice is a bit different, and he is trying out inflections in his sounds. There are still no distinct letters though. We are waiting for that first consonant. Sooner or later I guess. He is still eating his pureed foods, and that hasn't been getting much better. He has been a bit under the weather though, and when that happens eating goes right out the window. Hopefully, we can get that back up and running soon. He has been a bit sick the past week with some weird symptoms. Hopefully we will fix it so I don't get a sick call from school tomorrow.

Elle on the other hand has just blossomed into a complete toddler. She is sassy, demanding, and cute as anything. She sings all the time and I often find her hiding under or behind things when she potties. She just won't use that potty consistently yet. She does like when her princess chair sings at her when she potties in it. I give her M&M's too...but I guess it is not enough because she could care less about using it all the time. Her favorite person right now is either her daddy or her G-daddy (my dad). Each morning she asks for them, and when I get her out of bed she tells me "No, I want Daddy." When daddy is in Arkansas, she says "No, I want G-daddy." It proves for a very stressful morning. She cries until we go into the living room to see Miss Piggy on TV. She loves the marriage scene with Kermie on Muppet's take Manhattan. So old, but so good!

Just a little Hunt update. Anyone willing to take me on vacation. I need one!!

No comments: