Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Recovered


We are definitely getting back to normal. It has been a long hall, and my poor Alex is starting to feel like himself again. I am so thankful for this time to be over. It was a tough one.

I am starting to see a looseness in Alex that wasn't there before. There seems to be an overall comfort in his movement and mobility. There is nothing shocking or immediate in his recovery, but there is a calm presence that seems to consume him that wasn't there before. It is probably too subtle for most to notice, but I see it!

I am just happy the past few weeks have been put behind us. We are so thankful for Alex taking this whole experience like a trooper! He has been one steadfast, amazing little boy! I am 100% positive that he is stronger than most people I know...including me!

Elle has been a great sister in all of this. She has told her teachers that Alex is "at home with a boo-boo," and loves to touch his new hair-do (notice the shaved head). I have realized that she is going to be one handful when the therapist, that visits Alex, told me that Elle told her teachers that she would not get off the trampaline. When told that she must, she huffed and went to sit at the FRONT of the line. When told she had to move to the back, she huffed again and at least did what she was told! What a diva!

On another note, my Matt has been working hard in his new job. He is gone from Tuesday to Friday most weeks working in and around Arkansas. I know that he misses us as he sits in hotels and travels the roads, but we are proud of him. He is happy in his new job even though it means being away from us. We tell daddy that we love him every night, and I think that just helps the long roads ahead seem worth it. It has been a trial for us both, but we are stronger because of it. I ask that you keep Matt in your prayers for safe travel! He drives everywhere he goes, and I worry :)

Thanks for keeping up with us! We have a crazy story!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I am so happy that Alex is not in pain and his recovery is on its way. Interesting what you said about his new, calmer body....nobody else would notice but I do...that's what being a mom is all about. We have gut feelings and they are usually right. Prayers and thoughts are with you for continued healing for Alex. Much love, Barbara Peluse

Team Hoff said...

I'm so glad that things are going well. I'm excited to read all the future posts that will tell of all his great accomplishments!