Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Friday, September 10, 2010

Fix You

There was a time, awhile ago, when I was watching So You Think You Can Dance. There are always moments on that show where you watch a truly touching piece of work, and wish you could be as fabulous as those amazing dancers.

Well, a few months ago, Matt was working his late night shift at the good ole' asphalt plant when I was drinking way too much wine in my living room watching my favorite dancers fight for their position. We had just heard about Alex's tethered spinal cord (literally that day), and I couldn't help but find this particular piece speak to me. It is one of those moments where it just seemed to fit. I find this to be my mantra each and every day even though it still makes me cry to overly think about the lyrics. I know some of you can relate, so please enjoy the explanation and the dance. I know I will "fix you" Alex!


Just copy and paste the below link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnguqsMQmg4

Kell

3 comments:

susan said...

Dear, dear Kelly,
Alex is a beautiful, precious child and we all want him to have the very best life he possibly can have. We have very high hopes for him, and pray every day that God will continue to bless him with the "can-do" spirit that he shows every day. I don't know what the future will bring, but what I do know is that he is the luckiest boy in the world to have you and Matt in his corner. There will never be any doubt that you have done everything humanly possible to help him. You are not alone in this...you have so many who love you and will be there to support you. All you have to do is ask and we will be there for you. We love you all very much!
Susan

Amber said...

I loved that dance too, and obviously that song has a special place in my heart as well. Now I can add another reason to why I love it so much - it'll remind me of Alex. He is so wonderful and will certainly overcome all of his obstacles. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Amber

Anonymous said...

Kelly, this truly made me cry!! I know as a mom you would do anything you could do to "fix" Alex. What wonderful parents you and Matt are; know that Alex is in the best hands possible. He's the bravest of little men and will overcome these challenges. What an adorable little boy and what an inspiration you are!! Thoughts are with you for additional "right" answers from our medical profession!! Barbara Peluse