Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Monday, September 6, 2010

This week...



I have recently figured out that I love to use ellipses and exclamation marks. That is in no way the point of today's blog, but I need to stop my usage of these two things.

Anyhoo, a brief update on Alex's story.

I am changing ENTs. We are pretty unhappy with the way this guy is treating Alex's infections in his neck. We went back a week ago Friday because Alex had an ear infection. How you get an ear infection with tubes in and while taking antibiotics for your swollen lymph nodes beats me, but so it is. When he went in with Matt, they also, GLORY HALLELUJAH, had the MRI. However, the ENT said that he had a "pretty good shot" of the neck area, and from "what he could see" there was nothing indicating a branchial cleft cyst. I do love that fancy doctorish use of words there...seriously. Those were his exact words. Followed closely by..."Let's wait and see what happens with his lymph nodes and go from there!" I am tired of waiting Bub..so we are out like sauerkraut.

I am waiting; however, until this Wednesday's neurosurgeon appointment before making an appointment with the new guy that was recommended as an ENT. I want to see what the neurosurgeon can do for me because I might be able to hit it all at the same time.

I will keep you up to speed after Wednesday's appointment. It is a biggie! Finally, September 8th is here. Woo Hoo!

No comments: