Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nothing Yet

To continue making me crazy to the point I would like to act like Elle during her most dramatic tantrums, my ENT did not have a copy of Alex's MRI to review on the August 19th when he came back from, what better have been, a damned good vacation.

I called the nurse the day before to leave a friendly reminder to give me a call with a plan of action only to find out that they never got his MRI film from Cook's. I was instructed to call Cook's to figure out what happened. Well, apparently the main Fort Worth office does not keep the Northeast facilities records where Alex had his MRI. No one cared to forward on the signed medical release forms or to call the ENT to notify him that the records would not be released. On the flip side, no one at the ENT cared to check when 3 weeks went by and there were no MRI films on the doc's desk. Ahhh, thank you, thank you so much for having a valid care for my son's health.

So I had to fill out another medical release form with the Northeast office, and the reports should be there at the start of this week. Let's hope!

In the meantime, I have found another ENT that has great reviews with special needs kids. I will give my current doctor one last shot by reading the MRI film, and if I am not satisfied with his plan of action...sianara.

I just wanted to give an Alex update because I have had many people ask me how August 19th went, and well...it hasn't...went.

No comments: