Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

...and the wait continues!


As the summer is coming to a close, we are starting to make appointments and arrangements with our doctors to get the very large ball to a slow and not quite so steady roll. I think the ball is flat! We push and push, yet we seem to get nowhere fast. Here is what the last few weeks have delivered.

1. Another trip to the ENT because Alex's glands flared up again. They are going to get the radiology records for Alex's brain MRI to see if it shows far enough down into his throat. If not, we are going to do another MRI of his throat to get a good idea if it is a Branchial cleft cyst or a lymph node that doesn't want to behave. The records were sent for on Friday of last week, but have not yet been received to review. I am hoping that we will hear something today or tomorrow.

2. I received more detailed paperwork from Scottish Rite to fill out. I am sending that back out today, and hopefully once they receive it we can get in!

3. Neurosurgeon appointment at Cook's on September 8th.

Even though we have more information, we are still in about the same place as we were a few weeks ago. Hopefully we can get this flat ball aired up and ready to roll. I feel that it will start to pick up speed right around next Monday when I have to go back to work. Joy?!?!

On a great note, the kids are getting ready to head back to CLC. I love it there and they definitely love my kids! Can't wait to see all our buddies and to make some new ones. Hello 2 year olds!

No comments: