Welcome to the story of my family, and an amazing journey of a little boy who is struggling to make his body work. If you are not familiar with Alex's story, check out my first blog in June (2010)

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A walking we will go...


Today was a pretty cool day. I am not sure if it is the antibiotics in my Alex's system or some kind of adrenaline rush, but whatever it was, I will take it! He was a walkin-man today. He was pushing away from my hand and taking control of his movement. He was balancing great and catching himself with his feet before he even had a chance to fall over. He even fell back at one point and put his hands down (which if you read his story is a first in our book). I am so proud of him! Maybe he just knows that he is about to go back to school tomorrow, and he wants to be a big boy:)

Elle on the other hand decided that the allergy bug would bite her today. She woke up sneezing and it just never quit. She was a trooper though! It did not stop her from demanding attention, and playing like a maniac.

As for an Alex update...We have another swollen gland issue. They are back!!! So we had to head to the wonderful Doctor Davidson, our pediatrician, for some antibiotics. I would have called my ENT, but he is still on vacay...it better be a good one! I hope to be the first to leave a message on the 19th to see what the reports say, and we will fill you in from there on our plan of action.

I have been contacted by Scottish Rite too. We are in the process of filling out a ton of paper work, and then they will get back to me as well.

On a sad note....I have to go back to work tomorrow. Boo! On a happy note, Matt starts his new job on Tuesday. I will fill in details on my next blogging.

No comments: